Terms and Conditions for Participating Organisations
By registering as a user of the Faith in Action Award website, you will have access to resources from CYMFed and also shared resources from other organisations running the Faith in Action Award. However, all Participating Organisations must be registered with an Awarding Authority, usually a diocese. Awarding Authorities undertake training from CYMFed in running the award effectively and safely. Awarding Authorities then disseminate information from CYMFed and give you the support and resources you need to run the Award locally. Awarding Authorities also ensure the integrity of the Award is preserved. The use of CYMFed Faith in Action Award resources for unregistered Participating Organisations is not permitted.
Participating Organisations are asked to agree to the following terms and conditions in using the Faith in Action Award website. CYMFed reserves the right to remove user privileges if users are not registered with an Awarding Authority, following the mandatory requirements of the Faith in Action Award and/or are deemed to be using this website inappropriately.
Mandatory Requirements of the Faith in Action Award
- Participating Organisations must be registered with an Awarding Authority.
- Participants of the Faith in Action Award must take part in four reflection points. These can be covered in a minimum of two meetings, as long as the total time of reflection is a minimum of six hours.
- Each reﬂection point must cover God's story, Church story and personal story (please see guidance on Reflection Points for more information).
- Participants must gain service credits in two places ("home and away") after Pin Level.
- The CYMFed logo must be used on all publicity Faith in Action Award materials. (Materials may be adapted to best suit the individual needs of a diocese/ movement/organisation, as long as the scheme remains in line with the principles of the Faith in Action Award)
- Young people must submit a final piece of work for moderation.
- Young people must journal through the award, showing service and reﬂection on that service. They must submit their journal with their final piece of work to illustrate their award journey to the Moderator.
- A celebration must take place at the end of the award year to celebrate the achievements of the young people who have completed the Award.
- CYMFed Faith in Action Award badges must be requested from your Awarding Authority. (There may be a charge for Award badges).
- Certificates must be CYMFed Faith in Action certificates. Certificates or templates will be provided by your Awarding Authority.